I have been doing well with my maladaptive habits lately but I have learned with all the things I have come up with to help me to incorporate them into situations that maybe out of my control and can cause a trigger then.
The important thing when focusing on how to take the next step in dealing with a habit or addiction that is also in place as a disorder i.e. eating disorder or maladaptive daydreaming is to know what you are and are not able for at the given time and it depends on your situation too.
For maladaptive daydreaming I have put a few threads around this site to give you an idea on what I have been working on for quiet some time.
my strategies that have been working for now not in any order are
1. Thinking of my triggers and way they are there, how I am feeling, what the situation is and can I resolve it before I give into daydreaming.
2. Keep my mind at ease and focused on the good things and on how I am kind to myself. Thread in site
3. grounding myself when I need it most.
4. Mediation app I use to get my back into the present.
5. Talking to my family and friends.
6. building my interests and hobbies.
7. social building and how to start. Thread on site
8. Thinking about why I have my daydreams and why they are there. 1.e. I have control issues and am getting help for it.
9. Working on my main triggers and personal issues i.e. anxiety.
10. Goal building. Thread on site monthly
11. Mindfulness walks and getting exercise
12. plenty of sleep if possible.
13. work towards been physically and mentally tired for sleep.
I have been incorporating these strategies when needs be for example anxiety come up.
I focus on 1,5,9,4,11,13,12
This can be overwhelming and something I gradually aimed to do and made sure that my well been and emotionally I was ready to start focusing on easing my maladaptive daydreaming.
This does not take away the taught of daydreaming all the time and please do not replace this with any other habits that maybe harmful as daydream is not harmful physically.
If you want I can focus more on certain ones and I still have my moments in giving into daydream so it is trail and error. Just let me know
We are always here for ye if you need to talk never feel alone or isolated. I haven't covered social phobias which I have one as it is dealt with professionally